Board Meeting Minutes
Monday Sept. 18, 2017 @ glaze
· Call to order by Marc Mrugala @ 5:07pm
o 1st: Amy Ollman
o 2nd: Nancy Egelhoff
· Present: Rob Kos, Marc Mrugala, Amy Ollman, Andy Lafond, Nancy Egelhoff, Dan Umhoefer, Kristina Eckert, Lara D’cruz-Jung
· Absent: Jesse Daily, Katie
· Treasurer’s Report – Rob loaned the TBA a laptop for Lara to install and set up QuickBooks.
· Farmers Market – Rob mentioned that we lost a few vendors after Labor Day and school started back up. We will monitor the remaining weeks attendance of vendors and customers.
· Music in the Park (previously referred to as Beer Garden) ran Aug. 17, 24, 31, Sept. 7, 14. 5pm – 8pm.
o Attendance very good (about 100) for the last event. Bad weather hurt the other dates.
o We need a sponsor in order to effectively market the series
o TBA’s existing permit for Village Park was amended to include this
o Operated under the TBA umbrella – Permit, insurance
o Rob, glaze and Remington’s staffed each week.
o Beers, wines, sodas and water
o Burgers, brats, hot dogs and other easy food
o Same menu each week
o The String a Long Band provided the music each week except Aug. 31. We showed the Packer preseason game. They were well received.
o A discussion was had regarding a TBD revenue share among participating members and the TBA, after expenses had been paid. There was no final decision
o Amy Ollman brought up that Remington’s is uncertain if they are supportive of the weekly event. It may hurt business.
o We need a name and logo, hopefully to include Beer Garden.
o This would be a test run for a longer series summer of 2018
· Business Trick or Treat – Oct. 26, 4pm-7pm
o Rob to sign up participants, get signs and market
· Christmas Tree Lighting – Dec. 1
o Tree lighting at 6:45pm
o Homestead choir? Would need risers?
o Ask Anna (Mila’s) to MC and light the tree
· Meeting with Mequon Festivals (Vanessa Nerbun)
o Rob had a productive meeting with Vanessa Nerbun and discussed the possibility of Thiensville and Mequon working together on various events throughout the year. They will continue with more specific conversations.
· New business/Other
o Marc Mrugala has joined Richmond Investment Services in Mequon. We agreed that he would stay on as the TBA President.
o Amy Ollman will be added as a signatory to the bank accounts at PNC.
o Sam Azinger from Willms SC has expressed interest in the TBA and perhaps joining the board. We will invite him to the Oct. meeting.
· Adjourned at 6:00pm
o 1st: Nancy Egelhoff
o 2nd: Amy Ollman